Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Too much studying

So last night my dad sat me down and had a serious talk.
"Well son, you know that you were born a month early, and had a very low birth weight, and I don't think we've ever told you the risk factors involved with being born pre-maturely with a low birth weight."
(He then whipped out a slide show that matched almost exactly the slide show about the risks of low birth weight that we went over in my neuropsych class)
"Well of course there's trouble breathing because the lungs aren't fully developed. But there can also be problems with absorbing nutrition because the gut isn't fully developed either, a lot of people don't know that son.
There is also increased risk of having a learning disability...." And then he went on to discuss the other risks as well.
I was like "Thanks dad, but I'm already grown up, I think that I'm past most of that already." He responded "You never know son, there's always risk."

Yikes,

Then I had another one where I was visiting this old man, and he told me like 20 times that he wished someone would help him clean up his yard and mow it. So I helped him do it. (Hopefully I get rewarded with a really great dream tonight)

No comments: