Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Snowstorms in Hawaii

After 3 weeks of posting my dreams and not telling them to Kerri, she consented to listen again, so for the past two days I told her my dreams instead of posting them (which is so much more satisfying).

But last night I had a great dream. Kerri and I had moved back into the good old TVA apartments at BYU-Hawaii. It was wonderful, it even still had the cinder block walls and that great mildewey smell that I consider to be the trademark of TVA. I totally thought that my dream was real. We even went to bed at night and Kaci woke up and tried to escape. As I was putting her back in bed, I looked out the window to find that all the palm trees and crabgrass was covered in an inch of white snow.
I couldn't believe it. I told Kerri, "It's a good thing we moved here instead of just visiting or I would be very disappointed." The next morning even though it was cold, we still grabbed our surfboards and headed out to go surfing (at pounder's beach- I'm not sure why we'd pick Pounders- that kind of tipped me off that I was dreaming).
After going surfing I remembered that I had to go to the dentists office. However when I arrived I couldn't find a parking spot, so I just parked my car in the lane and got out to look for a good spot. I was walking around and I saw a 7 foot tall dog eyeing me down. I started to run, but the owner of the dog (a five year old) chased me down to tell me that he was very nice, but that he wasn't a dog at all. He was a certain variation of elephant, but that he didn't give people rides- he's not that kind of elephant. Luckily I woke up before making it to see the dentist.

No comments: