Monday, October 5, 2009

A Great Luchador

Last night I took a trip out west to investigate possible sites for my upcoming internship. I visited Durango Colorado, but was slightly disappointed to find that most of it had burned down in a big fire. However, due to the fire damage it was possible to find a three bedroom house to rent for just $95.00 a month. We wanted to find something out in the forest, so we went for a hike (in the middle of the night) to go exploring. After hiking for about an hour we were on our way home when we noticed that we were being watched by a pack of wolves. Not just a little pack, but a pack of about 70 wolves, who had red eyes. We just snuck along very carefully and the wolves left us alone until somebody sneezed. Then the chase began, we were running and fighting them off with sticks while they were biting at us- until we finally made it to this little Mexican Cantina that let us in.
Not only were we grateful to be safe from the wolves, but the Cantina was also having a lucha libre (WWF wrestling) competition that night as well that anybody could enter. I thought to myself, "I have always wanted to be a great luchador" and decided to enter the competition. So I got all warmed up and was watching the first fight which included a lot of slapping, hitting each other with books, jumping off of the ropes, and spandex. I stepped outside for a quick break when I noticed that Young Men's group had come to watch the lucha libre for a scout activity. One of the boys was saying to the other, "I hope this activity is good, the other ward was going scrapbooking tonight and I was thinking about going with them." I turned to the kid and said, "Trust me, this is going to be better than scrapbooking."
And then I woke up.

No comments: