Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Where have the cowboys gone?

So in real life at our local Wal-mart there is this awesome looking cowboy who scares the bejeebeez out of me. He's got one of the coolest handlebar mustaches I've ever seen, and of course he also has his cowboy hat and a bandana tied around his neck. He has his cowboy boots (with spurs), cowboy pants (with belt buckle), flannel shirt, all covered by a long black leather trench coat. It's a pretty sweet get-up, but not as sweet as his car.
His car is a yellow Geo Tracker, fully loaded with gun holsters on the side, stirrups, a lasso rope, horns on the front, and a bumper sticker that says "save a horse and gas...drive a geo!" I'm not making this up.

So in my dream last night, I was hanging out with the young men and we were at a restaurant/bar and this cowboy came up to us and asked us what we were doing. We told him that we were a youth group from a church and he responded (with a really great drawl),
"Well, we don't like you here. I reckon you better leave before there's trouble."
We gave it right back to him "You know, we're not to fond of you either. But we're staying right here."
Just then he lunched at someone in our group and another guy came after me. I didn't want to hurt him so I just put him in a wrestling hold so he couldn't get away (standing up). Just then a guy who had seen what happened and wasn't happy about it came up and headbutted the guy I was holding right in the face! BAM! Then he did it again and then guy went unconscious.
That's right. Don't mess with the Harrisonburg 2nd Ward.

No comments: