Wednesday, September 30, 2009

And Justice For Nobody

Last night I was a lawyer for this teenage boy who had got into trouble and felt really bad about it. So we practiced and he was going to tell his side of the story in court and hopefully get an easy sentence. When we got into court the judge just started yelling at him and waving his arms around and everything before anyone even had a chance to talk. When he was waving his arms around he poked me in the eye. I was like "Goodness, calm down." This made him even more irate and he was like "I don't want to hear it! This boy is guilty! Court dismissed!" And everyone filed out.
I stayed and talked to the judge and I was like. "How do you sleep at night, you didn't even give the boy a chance to talk. And also, aren't you worried about your job, because you're definitely in violation of the laws and the bill of rights and I'm definitely going to file a complaint." He was like, "The boy didn't stand a chance, he didn't know what to say, I was just doing him a favor." Then the boy came up and started to cry and was telling him his side of the story and how he was sorry and everything. Then the judge felt really bad and was like. "Oh, I'm really sorry."

No comments: