Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Darn Asthma

Just after finishing a 25 mile bike race, some guy challenges me to another race. Not just that, but he says he can run faster than I can ride my bike. This is going to be a piece of cake I think to myself and I even let him have a head start. Then I start biking and I'm having one heck of a time making it on the course that he's chosen. I finally catch up to him, but I can't pass him. The trail is just too steep, I try going around him, but still have no luck.
So I finally ditch my bike and just start running with him. We run until we just can't run anymore and both of us fall down and start crawling. We're using all of our energy to propel our bodies forward and just kind of flop, and it's neck and neck. I propose to my fellow racer that instead of going to the finish line we just go to the next light post (about 30 yards ahead). He agrees and both of us our pushing forward for the final homestretch and....
I wake up because the race has caused me to have an asthma attack in real life. Kerri woke up because of my deep irregular breathing and comforted me just in case I was having a nightmare. I guess we'll never know who the winner is.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That must have been a crazy race! Liam never told me how crazy your dreams were! I thought it was more just an occasional crazy dream! Good thing you have a friend who studies nerdology so he can give you good translations