Thursday, April 1, 2010

Another True Story

So this actually happened to me yesterday, but Kerri told me that it seemed more like a dream than reality.

So on my way home from school I took the long way and went biking on the trails through the forest near my home. I was cruising along the trail until I came to a point where some trees and bushes had been pulled across the trail. I was a little confused.
Then as I got closer I spotted two guys decked out in camouflage hiding in the bushes with rifles.
They clearly had seen me. So I stopped in my tracks and asked them "Umm... should I be concerned? Do I need to be careful?"
Then as I looked around I noticed that I was surrounded by soldiers in camouflage with rifles hiding all around me in the trees. It was a little disconcerting.
The guys hiding the bushes whispered to me "No. It's all right. We're just doing some training. But you probably want to turn your bike around and go back the way you came."
Me: "Umm.... Okay. That sounds like a good idea." The guys also reassured me "Don't worry, these aren't real weapons."
Even still, I heeded their directions and went back the way that I had come. However, I wish I had just hid out in the bushes where I could see the battle commence. Because about five minutes later when I was out of eye-sight I heard it all happen. I great cry that sounded like a hundred guys yelling, and it really was kind of scary sounding, but then I heard all the firing. I started to laugh my head off because the firing was really just guys yelling. BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
Seriously...
BANG! BANG! BANG!
I'm not making fun... because I wouldn't do that. But everytime I think about it, it just makes me smile.

No comments: