Wednesday, April 21, 2010

It Happens

My dreams have just been crazy lately, so I figure I'd just continue on my "Things that happened during undergrad" theme.
This one is still kind of a touchy subject between me and my roommate.
One day I woke up late so I was rushing around to get ready for school. I will admit that I was acting a bit careless- and when I put my razor back on the shelf I accidentally knocked a toothbrush off. The toothbrush did like a triple bounce- off the top of the sink, to the top of the toilet, and landed... right in the toilet bowl.

I snatched it out and washed it off. But I wasn't sure whose toothbrush it was (there were five of us that lived in the house). No one was home and I had to go to class, so I just hid the toothbrush in my bedroom and went to school. My plan was to come home that night and discuss it. "Whose toothbrush is this? Sorry I knocked it in the toilet- Haha, I'll buy you a new one."
Well, long story short- I forgot. Totally forgot. Didn't even think about it for like a week. When I did remember I certainly didn't go about it the right way. It totally caught me off guard because what made me remember it was...
I saw my roommate using a toothbrush that looked exactly like the one that fell in the toilet. Yikes!
In shock I asked "Is that your toothbrush?"
Him: "You mean this one I'm brushing my teeth with?... Yeah. Why?"
Me: "Oh, no reason. I gotta go. I'll talk to you later." and I took off to go biking. Before I got out of the house though, he was on me.
Him: "Brad... what happened to my toothbrush?"
Me: "Umm... nothing. I really don't want to talk about it."
Him: "Tell me!"
Me: "Well... I kind of dropped it in the toilet."
Him: Surprisingly calm and forgiving. "That's sick dude."
Me: "Well, I kind of dropped it in the toilet...last week."
That's when he lost it. He's a pretty easy going fellow (He's the same one who drank my toenails) but I think that this is just about as angry as I've ever seen him.
However, I did apologize and offered to buy him another toothbrush.

What do you say? You can't hold onto a grudge forever. Let's just let by-gones be by-gones, eh?

No comments: