Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Geo that could

Well, since this blog has become half about true stories that should have been dreams, I thought I'd tell one of my favorites.
When I was in high school a couple of my friends called me at like 8:00am and asked me to come pick them up at Ultimate Electronics (I'm still not sure why they were there so early, why they needed a ride, or why I decided to get up and go get them). But I just put on some jammies and hopped into my white 1992 Geo Metro (which we called the OREO) and headed down there.
I was half asleep and just trying to find a place to park, when suddenly I saw a monster truck (literally) coming towards me. Knowing that he could smash me and not notice, I quickly turned left. Just after I turned I could hear some clapping, some booing, some laughing - I wasn't quite sure what it was until I looked out my windows and saw... a crowd sitting on bleachers on both sides of me. I had apparently just driven right into the middle of a car show - and they had just announced the Monster Truck that I pulled in front of. Sweet.
Unsure of what to do, I just smiled and waved at everyone as I drove my Geo with confidence.
The best part is- when I came out I was very happy to find a blue ribbon on my window!
(Well, actually the blue ribbon part isn't entirely true, but the rest is- and I should have gotten a ribbon.)

No comments: