Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Angel of darkness- true story

I was recently reading in Doctrine and Covenants, section 129 and I was reminded of an experience I had in undergrad. I might not have all the facts straight, because I was mostly asleep, but this is what was reported to me the next morning.

I was sleeping soundly, and my roommate was coming in to go to bed. Rather than turn on the lights and wake me up, he just stood in the doorway for a minute to let his eyes adjust.
I woke up and just saw a dark sillhouette in the doorway and became quite disturbed
Me: What! Who's there?!
Billy: It's just me dude.
Me: Me who?!
Billy: Your roommate Billy.
Me: Oh, How do I know you're not an angel of darkness?!
Billy: Cuz I'm not.
Me: NOOOO! NOOOO!
Billy: What? Do you want to shake my hand?
Me: Yeah, that would make me feel better.
Billy: Whatever. (Then he just went and laid down)
I, however, reached out my hand to shake his and was lying in bed waving it back and forth.
Me: (Very alarmed) I CAN'T FEEL ANYTHING! YOU ARE AN ANGEL OF THE DEVIL!
Billy: (Lying down in his bed) Calm down dude. Just shake my foot.
Me: Oh, (I shake his foot) Oh, Okay, good night dude. Sleep well.
And then I fell right back asleep.

Feel free to make any corrections to the story Billy. I don't know if I sort of do remember it, or if I just imagine I remember it from hearing the story.

No comments: