Thursday, January 14, 2010

Paul McCartney Speaks


Last night it was my privilege to be in attendance at a private concert by Paul McCartney performed in my parents home. The best song was one entitled "Electric Company", which Paul became very emotional when he sang it. He told us that he had really hoped that Electric Company would become one of the classics like John's "Imagine" but that he really got hosed by the other Beatles. He was mad because they put his song on a cd with Peter (Ringo's real, real name) on the cover of it. And that really just made it unpopular.

The song is so special because (as he disclosed to us in my dream) Paul is diagnosed with high functioning autism, and the song really gave a picture of how he views the world. I can't really remember the words from it, but the song sounded a lot like My own two hands by Ben Harper and Jack Johnson. It was really quite a touching experience.

No comments: