Saturday, January 30, 2010

Back to Hawaii, again

Last night I was back in Hawaii hanging out with my old roommate, and a new friend that I made here in Virginia. We were going to teach my new friend how to surf so we were getting our boards ready when I realized that both of my boards (Bonita and Talulah) had cracks in them.
Being resourceful I thought, "I know, I'll just wrap them up in plastic wrap!" (I'm not sure why I never thought of that before). As I was wrapping up my boards my buddy mentioned "You better hurry, I think the bus is coming." I laughed and sarcastically commented "Yeah, every half an hour right"

Just then the bus came by (which should have been a tip off to me that I was dreaming), and Liam and I jumped on, as soon as we got on the bus driver took off driving down the street leaving our third friend chasing after it (that's what made me think that it was real). Two stops later our friend joined us, just in time to get off two stops later at Ali'i Beach Park. It's kind of crazy to go surfing out there right now, the bus driver told us. We told him not to worry, we do this all the time.
So we get off the bus and everything is covered in snow! I was like "This is so cool! I love the snow! I can't believe you got more snow here than we do in Virginia!" "Yeah, it's some sort of effect of global warming."
Wierd.

No comments: