Saturday, February 20, 2010

Snow in Phoenix by verda

I'm going for a walk dressed in shorts and tennie shoes.  I'm going east on Thomas Road.  When I turn unto 7th Ave I can see that buildings have snow on them.  That can't be snow!  I pick up the pace and when I get closer I see that YEP it's snow.  I'm dumb founded.  How can it be snowing?  I keep walking along, looking into the sky when another women comes up next to me.  You looking at the snow?  Isn't it pretty. 
I nod my head and the two of us become fast friends and we continue walking up 7th Ave.  The snow fall is getting heavier and I notice that both my walking friend and myself have on heavy coats and boots.  We quickly make our way across the street at a stop light and find a store front with an awning.  Two more women meet up with us and we are all hudled together giggling like school girls.  One of them points out that there is a donut shop on the other side of the street.  Everyone agrees a donut would be yummy so we start to make our way back to the light and one of the ladies says to me, are you really going to go like that?  Like What!  She is pointing to my feet.  I have taken off my boots and pants and am standing there with a pair of thick brown wool socks, thermal underwear, and still wearing my coat.  They all start laughing and so do I because I don't know why I am half clothed on a snowy day standing on a major city street.  So they tell me to hurry, I go to find my boots and pants and darn if I don't wake up.  Phoenix did look pretty under a blanket of snow.  I wonder if the donuts were any good?

No comments: