Friday, August 6, 2010

1st Grade

The other night I dreamed that I somehow got put into my body from when I was in first grade, but I didn't realize it.

So I show up ready to start my first job, and the principal sends me to the first grade classroom for instruction. I start trying to explain what's going on and everyone thinks that I'm just adorable.
Me: I'm not a first grader, I have a Master's Degree
Them: Oh, a master's degree! That's so cute!
So I'm like, "Give me some tests, I'll prove that I'm not a first grader."
They oblige me, but they just give me first grade tests and nothing harder. I ace all of the tests and they tell me, "You're very smart. We'll put you in the highest reading group."
I was getting so frustrated, so I finally threw down a challenge. "Ask me anything and I guarantee you that I'll know it." They came back with something like "Who was the emperor of Rome in 1328?"
Crap. They stumped me. "I dunno that one, but ask me anything else."
"Oh, you're so cute."
I finally just accepted my fate and went to play with the other first graders. I think it was the right choice given the situation.

No comments: